I turn 24 on Friday. When I was in my teens, I thought 24 was grown up, the beginning of ‘adulting’. 24 was an age when you had it together, life’s answers were obvious, and you looked put together at all times. I’m currently wearing shiny black leggings, a purple sports bra, and two mismatched socks…clearly my 17 year old self had some misconceptions. What’s interesting is that this past year, I’ve looked at my 30’s as the age that I’ll have everything figured out. I’ve assumed that I’ll remember to get an oil change, never be stressed out, and live this perfect life. But doesn’t everyone you’ve ever met tell you that you’ll never have it all worked out? That expectation is the root of all heartache? I’ve just decided to believe them. Live in the now and stop fretting over where I think I should be, where I want to be, and where I am. I’ve shared a few photos and words from my year of 23 that are so ME, in the moment, loving life. Let’s Celebrate!
– To celebrate living in the now, here is a list of 23 things I am celebrating from my year of 23 –
1. 1 year of writing, creating, and loving Bubbly & Bold!
2. Learning to run…this may be my biggest accomplishment!!!
3. Listening to my heart multiple times and actually doing something with what it was telling me rather than ignoring it.
4. Stopping to dye my hair.
5. Making yoga a constant habit rather than an occasional workout.
6. Reading 20+ books.
7. Visiting 6 new places; Whistler, Santa Barbara, New York, Scotland, Ireland, and Miami.
8. Flossing every.damn.day!
9. Drinking Matcha.
10. Saving 1/2 of each pay cheque I brought home.
11. Actually learning how to use my DSLR properly.
12. Starting to re-learn French. Bonjour, mon ami!
13. Opening up and beginning to share more of me on Bubbly & Bold; who I am, what I love, and what I struggle with. Yikes, this one was nerve racking!
14. Switching to use all natural body cream.
15. Switching to use all natural lipstick (most of the time)…lipstick is a big deal, okay!
16. Using sunscreen everyday – I am pale AF
17. Telling myself I am beautiful everyday, even when I haven’t felt it or someone has made me feel less than.
18. Listening to my parents advice, even when I didn’t want to. Its amazing how they’re
almost always right.
19. Being willing to fall in love, be hurt, or be disappointed. It sucks, but its worth it.
20. Brothers love – So many times this year I’ve leaned on my two monkeys and they’ve been there for me. Whether its ordering car parts, offering to beat up a guy, or simply throwing me in the lake, brothers love is one of the best ones out there.
21. Sisters love – My two lovely sister-in-laws and my cousin are the sisters I never had. Where would I be without them!? They’re always there to chat, laugh until we cry, and grab a glass of red…or maybe a few glasses of red. Thank you for being my sisters!
22. Friendships that have grown, just begun, or been there all along. You are my tribe and I love you all.
23. Loving my life – I honestly love my life, I think I am so lucky to work where I do, be friends with the people I am close with, have the incredible family that I do, be able to travel the world, laugh every day, and so much more #blessed
– My wish for 24 –
don’t rush, live in the now, and laugh every day
Happy Birthday to me!