I’ve recently become very aware of what is in the products I put on my body. As a result, I have recently began using 5 amazing beauty products that are good for you and still work just as well as their harmful competitors.
This shift began when I attended a session by Beauty Counter, a company fully invested in providing clean, healthy products that contain absolutely no harmful ingredients. I found it interesting that I had never thought about what was in that rose scented body cream I slather over my body day in and day out. Well, it’s a whole lot of chemicals. Here’s a few common ingredients that everyone should try to avoid:
I have changed the 5 things I use most with the idea that I am cutting down the most chemicals possible. Here are my top 5:
- Burt’s Bees Lip Balms & Crayons – As an avid lipstick lover, I needed to find a healthy substitute. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes I still pull out that hyper pigmented MAC lipstick, but on the daily, I try to stick with Burt. These lip cryaons are offered in an array of colours, stay on for long periods of time, and feel great on the lips.
- Desert Essence Coconut Body Lotion – I LOVE this body cream. I so enjoy having soft skin and smelling beautiful hours after the shower. A lot of body creams have chemicals for scent, colour, and consistency. This one is au natural – it feels like butter and smells like the perfect beach day. I swear by this stuff!
- Elta MD Sunscreen – for someone as fair as me, sunscreen is a daily must – all year round! Sunscreen is one of the worst beauty culprits for chemicals – stay away from oxybenzone, its a hormone disrupter…no thanks! Elta is dermatologist tested, recommended, and goes on great! Even better, it is rated as a 1 (safe) on the EWG scale. They even have a tinted face sunscreen!
- Sunday Riley’s Luna and Flora – I’m new to the face oil world, but I am addicted! I use Flora in the morning before moisturizer and Luna at night before moisturizer. They help keep my skin hydrated, clear, and prevent wrinkles. Being the first thing that touches my skin, it is key to me that they are free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates – Win, win, win!
- Natural Deodorant by Kalola Botanicals – No, I am not going through menopause…I just liked this scent best. Deodorant that you buy at your local drug store is one of the worst things you can use. They clog your sweat glands and disrupt your hormones. Its a bad deal. Kalola Botanicals deodorant comes in an array of scents and ACTUALLY WORKS. I might go as far in saying that it works better!
Your body is your temple, you should treat it as such. What healthy beauty products do you use? I’m always looking for more and would love some tips.